So far we have eight garden bloggers who will be pioneering the project and it seems the number is constantly growing. The country total is up to four and includes the United States of America, The Netherlands and of course, Canada. Today I figured I'd give a brief overview on some of the bloggers who will be participating, who they are and how I met them. Enjoy!
UPDATE - For a full list please see this page!
1. Lost The Plot - Lost The Plot is written by Richard Enriquez from England. He writes about his experiences in his allotment and is currently working on creating a system of stone pathways through his allotment. He has asked other allotment owners from his area to join Garden Connect and many of them have shown a great interest in the project.
2. Grown To Cook - Not long after meeting up with Richard from Lost The Plot, he recommended Vera from Hangelo, Netherlands. Her website and blog, Grown To Cook, talks mainly about recipes though the occasional post about her 40o square meters of allotment space.
3. Seeds, Mulch and Weeds - Megan writes about her Northeast Kansas garden where she often thinks about that which the name implies. She has four years of gardening experience and her blog, being a record of what has worked and what hasn't, documents her time in her third gardening location.
4. Forget Me Not Cultivation - Sophie Cussen has been working to inspire people to grow their own fruits and vegetables from her garden in Grimsby, England for quite some time though her outdoors enthusiasm does not end with gardening. She is very adamant about sustainability and through her blog, shares her thoughts regarding a diverse range of topics.
5. Hiemstra Gardens - Obviously I too will be a large supporter of the project. The idea came to me a short while ago and I am glad to see support continues to rise. This list should continue to grow as the announcement date of January 1st for next years theme approaches. Until then, I hope you'll hop on over to the member's blogs and give them all a read. If you know of anyone who would also like to be apart of the project. Tell them about it, the more the merrier (If you would like to join, just send me an email and I'll add you to this list). As always, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org to answer any questions.
I am simply a gardener who loves plants, nature, writing, photography, art and all things rustic, vintage and unique. Leave a comment or connect with me on Twitter! I'd love to hear from you!